3/11/15

From Gary... And the world is passing away

Today's post is different, for it is quite personal. Jim was my best friend in high school and although I have not seen him in over 30 years, still, I think of him from time to time. Slowly, but surely, the things pertaining to my youth are fading away, as this post illustrates.  Occasionally, I ask myself, why do you even do this blog, Gary? And then I remember; God is with me each and every day, in all that I experience. His word comes to me as I live this life; in the little and great things that happen. Today is no different (other than being a bit personal) and as I reflect upon the life of this man, I am reminded of the Scriptures once again...

Genesis, Chapter 3 (WEB)
  1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any animal of the field which Yahweh God had made. He said to the woman, “Has God really said, ‘You shall not eat of any tree of the garden?’” 

  2  The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees of the garden,  3 but not the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden. God has said, ‘You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” 

  4  The serpent said to the woman, “You won’t surely die,  5 for God knows that in the day you eat it, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” 

Human beings die- Satan lied (and still does).  My good friend of high school days is gone and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Sooner or later, we all must face the reality of mortality and then give account for what we have done in this life. I pray that Jim became a Christian and is in heaven.  I will miss him. If any part of this post causes you to think about your own eternal destiny, then my efforts will not have been in vain. May God bless you, today and always...

Your Friend,

Gary