3/26/15

From Gary... Be honest!!!


This picture is wonderful!!!  Why? Because it is honest. And honesty has always been a scarce commodity. People have a tendency to lie, cheat, steal, etc...  So, it's not surprising that even one of the greatest followers of Jesus might not be believed by his contemporaries. Paul puts it like this... 

Romans, Chapter 9 (WEB)
 1 I tell the truth in Christ. I am not lying, my conscience testifying with me in the Holy Spirit,  2 that I have great sorrow and unceasing pain in my heart.  3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brothers’ sake, my relatives according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites; whose is the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service, and the promises;  5 of whom are the fathers, and from whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God, blessed forever. Amen. 

Paul's evangelization of the gentiles, undoubtedly led many Jews to believe that he no longer cared about them- they were wrong!!!! Paul was an honest man, and so was Jesus!!!

Matthew, Chapter 22 (WEB)

15  Then the Pharisees went and took counsel how they might entrap him in his talk.  16 They sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that you are honest, and teach the way of God in truth, no matter whom you teach, for you aren’t partial to anyone.  17 Tell us therefore, what do you think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?” 

 18  But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test me, you hypocrites?   19  Show me the tax money.” 

They brought to him a denarius. 

  20  He asked them, “Whose is this image and inscription?” 

  21  They said to him, “Caesar’s.” 

Then he said to them, “Give therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” 

  22  When they heard it, they marveled, and left him, and went away. 

Be real, be honest, but, do it with love!!!