3/2/15

From Gary... The unbroken chain


Curious picture. Why would someone do this?  Frankly, I DO NOT KNOW.  Yet, there MUST be a good reason, for who would use such a heavy chain without forethought?  I would encourage anyone with an answer to proffer it, as I am at a loss to understand what is really going on here!!!  However, who says I need to understand everything? The early Christians certainly did not. Take this passage from Peter's second letter...

2 Peter, Chapter 3
15 Regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote to you;  16 as also in all of his letters, speaking in them of these things. In those, there are some things that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unsettled twist, as they also do to the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.  17 You therefore, beloved, knowing these things beforehand, beware, lest being carried away with the error of the wicked, you fall from your own steadfastness. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 

I wish the world was different, that deceit and trickery were unheard of and that everyone could somehow just "get along". Experience has taught me that this will never happen and once I get past this, I realize that I just need to be exactly what God wants me to be and that is that, period.

A second look at this picture makes me realize something else. This person did NOT WANT TO BE WITHOUT THEIR CRUTCH!!!  I guess we all need help in one way or another and we need to hold unto what works for us. Christians- hold unto Jesus!!! He makes the lame to walk and you won't need to worry about a crutch!!! And be thankful that HE will always be there and no one can break the bond (or perhaps, the chain) between you!!!!