4/13/15

From Gary.... THE G-O-S-P-E-L


The G-O-S-P-E-L is Good News!!!  But, during my short life-span I have noticed another gospel; one that is typified by political correctness, self-centeredness and Humanism.  One following this philosophy of salvation, might put it this way...

A Humanistic Gospel

God gave to me
Only me
Son (ship)
Prominence
Exaltation
Like-ability

Paul says...

Galatians, Chapter 1 (WEB)
6  I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different “good news”;  7 and there isn’t another “good news.” Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Christ.  8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any “good news” other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.  9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any “good news” other than that which you received, let him be cursed.  10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I wouldn’t be a servant of Christ.

Obviously, A Humanistic Gospel is wrong. It is cursed; twice over by Paul and deservedly so!!! To exalt ones-self as the center of all things and be pleasing to everyone and stand for nothing, so as to be liked by all is NOT THE WAY TO HEAVEN; JESUS AND ONLY JESUS IS THE WAY THERE!!!  

This things are worth remembering- YOUR ETERNAL LIFE DEPENDS UPON IT!!!