4/2/15

From Gary... A pinnacle of architecture


What a house!!!  Secluded, secure, serene and simply marvelous!!!  Nice climate too (check out the Palm trees)!!! Although getting your groceries and power may be a hastle, still, I wouldn't mind living here. Why? Because this house has one of the best foundations that I have ever seen!!!  Since I am thinking of foundations, the question naturally arises: What is the foundation of my life? Listen to what Jesus and his apostle Paul have to say...

Matthew, Chapter 7
 24  “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.  25  The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock.  26  Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand.   27  The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.” 

and

Ephesians, Chapter 2
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ.  14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and broke down the middle wall of partition,  15 having abolished in the flesh the hostility, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man of the two, making peace;  16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, having killed the hostility thereby.  17 He came and preached peace to you who were far off and to those who were near.  18 For through him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.  19 So then you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God,  20 being built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the chief cornerstone;  21 in whom the whole building, fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord;  22 in whom you also are built together for a habitation of God in the Spirit. 

For me, youth is but a memory, so is raising kids and working for a living. And now, in the sunset of my life, I am really beginning to show my age. I wonder, how long do I have in this life? What about my life will last? I heard a lady at church last night say: The only things you truly have are the things you give away. I think she is right. God "gave away" his son in order that he might become an eternal foundation for me. Enough said, period.