6/11/15

From Gary... Of genuine importance


Cute, quite cute!!! I must confess that I chuckled a bit when I first saw this!!! But, one could argue about things like this all the time, couldn't they?.  I mean, we could come up with all sorts of ridiculous questions- like "Could God make a rock so heavy that he could not lift it?" or "How many angels could you fit on the head of a pin?"  We could waste our time arguing about illogical or superfluous concepts that really do not matter, and when we are finished; what would be the outcome? Again, a waste of time. Life is too short, get down to the "nitty gritty" and discuss what is relevant. And so Paul writes to his young protege, Timothy.... 

1 Timothy, Chapter 1 (WEB)
 3  As I urged you when I was going into Macedonia, stay at Ephesus that you might command certain men not to teach a different doctrine,  4 neither to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which cause disputes, rather than God’s stewardship, which is in faith—  5 but the goal of this command is love, out of a pure heart and a good conscience and sincere faith;  6 from which things some, having missed the mark, have turned aside to vain talking;  7 desiring to be teachers of the law, though they understand neither what they say, nor about what they strongly affirm. 

Our stewardship is the Gospel, which is administered by faith. Now, I like a turn of a saying as much as the next person (probably more that most, to be painfully honest) but essentials are just that- ESSENTIAL!!!! 

Consider...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 15 (WEB)
  1 Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand,  2 by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.  3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,  5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.  6 Then he appeared to over five hundred brothers at once, most of whom remain until now, but some have also fallen asleep.  7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,  8 and last of all, as to the child born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also.  9 For I am the least of the apostles, who is not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the assembly of God.  10 But by the grace of God I am what I am. His grace which was bestowed on me was not futile, but I worked more than all of them; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.  11 Whether then it is I or they, so we preach, and so you believed. 

Very important, worth intensive study and personal application.  Who knows, after doing this, you might actually NEED A NAP!!!!  OH, YES- DON'T RESIST, YOU WILL NEED IT AFTERWARDS!!!!