7/30/15

From Gary... Number two

 

I remember when I was about 10 or 11, my big treat was going to Lansingburg to a store which sold comic books. My favorite was anything to do with Superman; HE was my HERO!!! Heroes are hard to find today (apart from the military, police and first-aiders). Often, even some of them let you down. If you think about the people listed in the picture, you will recognize them as GODLY HEROES. Jesus would obviously be first on any list, but who would be in second place? My choice is the author of the following...
 
1 Timothy, Chapter 1 (WEB)
14 The grace of our Lord abounded exceedingly with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.  15 The saying is faithful and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first, Jesus Christ might display all his patience, for an example of those who were going to believe in him for eternal life.  17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Paul is my second favorite. Why? Verses 15 and 16 are why!!!  He realized his privileged condition of salvation was because of what Jesus did and nothing of his own merit.  I guess Paul's humility impresses me the most!! Who is your number two?