8/12/15

From Gary... T.G.F.A.D.


Today, I met a fellow "dog-walker" as I was returning from our morning walk. He impressed me with his can-do attitude and positive outlook. Why? Well, he has a oxygen tank on his back and was STILL THANKFUL FOR GOD'S BLESSINGS!!!  I wonder if I would be as positive as him, if I had to deal with something like that?  From previous discussions with him, I know that he is a God-fearing man; one who prays regularly. He is living the above graphic and so should we. I like the apostle Paul's teaching about the attitude we should all have toward prayer...

1 Thessalonians, Chapter 5 (WEB)
17 Pray without ceasing.

This does not mean that all you do is to pray; but rather that we have an attitude towards God that could manifest itself in a prayer to God at any given moment.  I remember Max T. Neel's words... "God is closer than hands or feet and nearer than breathing". Good example, great thought, and a goal worthy of achieving!!!