9/11/15

From Gary... Stretch


Just a cat reaching for a butterfly. However, imagine for a moment that YOU are the one striving to reach that beautiful little creature.  And, to take it a step further, consider its parabolic symbolism. That is, you are stretching yourself to be the very best you can be.  Sounds like...

Philippians, Chapter 3 (WEB)
 7  However, what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Christ.  8 Yes most certainly, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord, for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and count them nothing but refuse, that I may gain Christ  9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;  10 that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed to his death;  11 if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect; but I press on, if it is so that I may take hold of that for which also I was taken hold of by Christ Jesus. 

Today's message is a simple one- Press on towards the goal of knowing Jesus by faith; again, PRESS ON!!!

God bless you all!!!

Gary