12/15/15

From Gary... Books, understanding and God


Sunday night's Bible study in Zephyrhills was a blessing. Allan Mullins led one of the most informative, interactive studies I have been blessed to be part of.  This is the way it should be; Christians are supposed to be "people of the BOOK"!  

And so, it was no surprise when I woke from a dream about books, early this morning.  I was studying from a library so massive that I needed an elevator to traverse its seemingly unending levels of books. And after I reviewed each volume, I placed a yellow sticky note to identify it as being consulted. After some time, I realized that no matter how long I were to use this wondrous facility, I would never be able understand everything, so I asked God for help. The answer came in two parts from the Scriptures...

Habakkuk, Chapter 1 (WEB)
  5  “Look among the nations, watch, and wonder marvelously; for I am working a work in your days, which you will not believe though it is told you

and

Habakkuk, Chapter 2 (WEB)
 2  Yahweh answered me, “Write the vision, and make it plain on tablets, that he who runs may read it.  3 For the vision is yet for the appointed time, and it hurries toward the end, and won’t prove false. Though it takes time, wait for it; because it will surely come. It won’t delay.  4 Behold, his soul is puffed up. It is not upright in him, but the righteous will live by his faith. 

God will make known to me that which I really need to know and the rest I must live by faith.  No problem, I just needed reminding of something I knew all along. But, sometimes I forget- I bet you do as well!!

ps. The photo (shopped) picture is fine, but it does need an elevator!!!