1/14/16

From Gary... Face the facts and choose wisely!


Long ago, I remember attending my father's funeral. I was amazed at what I heard, for if those who spoke were to be believed, my father was the greatest person who walked on the face of the earth.  He was NOT; for my early life was one of excessive parental abuse. This may seem harsh, but it is the TRUTH!!! Even after I became a Christian, my father would still not make peace with me, but rather would spit in my face, call me every foul thing he could think of, and walk away in disgust. After experiencing this several times, I gave up on him. He died hating me. Once again, I must say that these things are TRUE; I am NOT LYING!!!

A person will either have a life based on the love of the true God, or will find something else to make a god and then live by their own rules. So, our eternal destiny boils down to love and hate and which path we choose to follow.

Consider...

John, Chapter 14 (WEB)
 21  One who has my commandments, and keeps them, that person is one who loves me. One who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will reveal myself to him.” 

1 John, Chapter 2 (WEB)
 15  Don’t love the world, neither the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, the Father’s love isn’t in him.  16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, isn’t the Father’s, but is the world’s.  17 The world is passing away with its lusts, but he who does God’s will remains forever. 

Your life, your choice, your destiny. I think it is wise to choose to follow God and the path to heaven. Realize that this choice will not be an easy one, but always try to remember that forever is a very long time. If you disagree with me, that too is your choice; but then, you will have to reconcile your decision with the words of Jesus...

Matthew, Chapter 7 (WEB)
 13  “Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it.   14  How narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it. 


15  “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.   16  By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?   17  Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit.   18  A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.   19  Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.   20  Therefore by their fruits you will know them.   21  Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.   22  Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’   23  Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’ 

  24  “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.   25  The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock.   26  Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand.   27  The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.” 


Listen to Jesus, choose life and follow what the Bible tells you to do and enter heaven. No one knows what the future holds- you may never get another chance to change. I hope and pray you will listen!!!

If I can help in any way, do not hesitate to respond to this post....