1/5/16

From Gary... NEVER!!!


The truth is: I love to eat! I enjoy food, but this is "over the top", even for me!!  Should I have a piece of this "heart-attack-in-the-making"? No way; and neither should you!!! Reminds me of a verse I remember hearing this past Sunday morning in a sermon...

2 Timothy, Chapter 1 (ASV)
 7 For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline.

(KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

(Godsword)
7 God didn't give us a cowardly spirit but a spirit of power, love, and good judgment.

(LITV)
7 For God did not give a spirit of cowardice to us, but of power and of love, and of self-control.

In Greek, like English, the same word can have different meanings, and the emboldened English word above (σωφρονισμόυ in Greek) is an example. But, in this case its easy to understand- put all the English words together and it has one meaning:

DON'T YOU DARE DO IT, GARY; NEVER!!!