2/29/16

From Gary... Time, purpose and the "dash"


Last week, I decided to change the design of my blog (newbiblereflections.blogspot.com). I added pictures of myself as far back as 1953 and as recent as 2013, just to show everyone how I have changed over the years. I thought doing this would make the blog page more friendly and I hope it succeeded! Frankly, I wish I something like this to use instead of all those separate photos, but what is done is done.

This picture shows most of the man's life. It does not show his infancy or extreme old age, but it is a fair representation, nevertheless. And it makes you think: What did he look like as a newborn and what will he look like in the life after this life?

FACT: everyone is born and everyone dies; this is true...

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3 (WEB)

 1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:   2 a time to be born,
and a time to die;...


Next time you attend a funeral, pay close attention to the tombstone- notice the dash between the "born" and "died". What you do between those two dates constitutes your LIFE. Be careful to live a life full of purpose, and do not to waste a moment of what time you are given!  And most important of all- remember to honor God with every single minute!!!