3/4/16

From Gary... God is GOOD!!!


The year was 1980 and times were tough; I was working full time as a security guard and full time as a janitor in a hospital with rotating days off. In addition to this, I was pursuing my bachelors degree. I had virtually no free time. After the better part of a year, I began to get discouraged- probably from not enough sleep. Then a fellow worker named Morris gave me a card with this saying from Alcoholics Anonymous. I thought it was wonderful then and still do. It made think about my relationship with God and reminded me of a Bible verse that also provided comfort...

Psalm 23
  1  Yahweh is my shepherd:
I shall lack nothing.
  2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
  3 He restores my soul.
He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
  4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
  5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil.
My cup runs over.
  6 Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in Yahweh’s house forever.


Somehow, I found the strength to do what I needed to do and moved on with my life.  Eventually, things became better, and as a result of all this, my faith increased. Also, I learned to seek to seek God diligently when life becomes too hard to bear. If it can work for me, it can for you as well.

God is GOOD!!!