6/30/16

Getting past the package by Gary Rose


Hot dogs! Now, there is something I haven't had in awhile! I love the foot-long variety with onions, mustard and chili- Yummm!!! I know, I know, they are fattening and not good for you; which is why I don't have them often. And if I can't get foot-long hot dogs, then just give me ballpark franks or Hebrew Nationals and I will be happy. In a pinch I will settle for Turkey hot dogs, but only in a pinch!

All I had to do was see a package of hot dogs and I just can't stop thinking about them. Wait a minute; the package is mislabeled- these are hamburger buns???

Seeing this travesty, I thought of the words of Jesus....

Matthew, Chapter 7 (WEB)
 15  “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.   16  By their fruits you will know them. (emp. added GDR) Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?   17  Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit.   18  A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.   19 Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.   20  Therefore by their fruits you will know them.  

People who will lie to you can not be trusted to lead you spiritually. If this is true in spiritual matters, it is also true in secular ones (especially in the political arena). Do not be misled by the media, be smart, think about what they tell you, it may not be the truth. Think about what a political candidate has done in the past and what their character is really like. Or perhaps you can believe whatever people tell you, regardless of what you can reason for yourself.  There is a word for that...


The apostle John has said:
 1 Beloved, don’t believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 
1 Jn.4:1 (WEB)

Enough said...