7/20/16

Inner beauty by Gary Rose















"Sunstone is a plagioclase feldspar, which when viewed from certain directions exhibits a spangled appearance. It has been found in Southern NorwaySweden and in various United States localities."

(see the following link for more info)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunstone

What an amazing difference between the unpolished (top row) and the bottom row of polished stone.  As I saw them for the first time, I realized that people are like these stones: Hidden inside each one of us is an inner beauty that is only revealed by the "polishing" of the abrasives of life.

This is especially true for Christians!

The Apostle Paul said...

Philippians, Chapter 1 (WEB)
 12  Now I desire to have you know, brothers, that the things which happened to me have turned out rather to the progress of the Good News;  13 so that it became evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my bonds are in Christ;  14 and that most of the brothers in the Lord, being confident through my bonds, are more abundantly bold to speak the word of God without fear.  15 Some indeed preach Christ even out of envy and strife, and some also out of good will.  16 The former insincerely preach Christ from selfish ambition, thinking that they add affliction to my chains;  17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the Good News. 

  18  What does it matter? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed. I rejoice in this, yes, and will rejoice.  19 For I know that this will turn out to my salvation, through your supplication and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,  20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will in no way be disappointed, but with all boldness, as always, now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life, or by death.  21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

and

2 Corinthians, Chapter 11 (WEB)
16  I say again, let no one think me foolish. But if so, yet receive me as foolish, that I also may boast a little.  17 That which I speak, I don’t speak according to the Lord, but as in foolishness, in this confidence of boasting.  18 Seeing that many boast after the flesh, I will also boast.  19 For you bear with the foolish gladly, being wise.  20 For you bear with a man, if he brings you into bondage, if he devours you, if he takes you captive, if he exalts himself, if he strikes you on the face.  21 I speak by way of disparagement, as though we had been weak. Yet however any is bold (I speak in foolishness), I am bold also.  22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I.  23 Are they servants of Christ? (I speak as one beside himself) I am more so; in labors more abundantly, in prisons more abundantly, in stripes above measure, in deaths often.  24 Five times from the Jews I received forty stripes minus one.  25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I suffered shipwreck. I have been a night and a day in the deep.  26 I have been in travels often, perils of rivers, perils of robbers, perils from my countrymen, perils from the Gentiles, perils in the city, perils in the wilderness, perils in the sea, perils among false brothers;  27 in labor and travail, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, and in cold and nakedness. 

  28  Besides those things that are outside, there is that which presses on me daily, anxiety for all the assemblies.  29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is caused to stumble, and I don’t burn with indignation?  30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that concern my weakness.  31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, he who is blessed forever more, knows that I don’t lie.  32 In Damascus the governor under King Aretas guarded the city of the Damascenes desiring to arrest me.  33 Through a window I was let down in a basket by the wall, and escaped his hands. 

Are you trying to serve The Lord Jesus and experiencing hardship? Others have gone down this road before you and been faithful. Follow their example- and remember; if you were not doing something very wonderful, Satan would not be trying so hard to make you suffer.

The upside of all this is that you just may be "polished" enough to shine very, very brightly for God!!!! Humm, reminds me of a song- This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..."