7/27/16

That invisible "something" by Gary Rose


Those of us who don't fly often, probably don't give "flight" much consideration.  We board a plane, it takes off and then lands at its destination. So what?  However, the vehicle we ride in is supported by the invisible ether we call air. Speed and aerodynamic design of the plane utilize pressure change to "lift" a multi-ton vehicle into the heavens and "away we go"!!! As I viewed this jet landing I thought about how the wind blows where it will it and how God has worked throughout the  ages to care for us. The following Scriptures came to mind... 

John, Chapter 3 (WEB)
 1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.  2 The same came to him by night, and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do, unless God is with him.”

  3  Jesus answered him, “Most certainly, I tell you, unless one is born anew, he can’t see the Kingdom of God.” 

  4  Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?” 

  5  Jesus answered, “Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can’t enter into the Kingdom of God!   6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.   7  Don’t marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born anew.’   8  The wind  blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but don’t know where it comes from and where it is going. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (emp. added GDR)


Isaiah, Chapter 46 (WEB)

  3 “Listen to me, house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, that have been borne from their birth, that have been carried from the womb;

  4 and even to old age I am he, and even to gray hairs will I carry you. I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry, and will deliver. 


Romans, Chapter 9 (WEB)
   27  Isaiah cries concerning Israel, 
“If the number of the children of Israel are as the sand of the sea,
it is the remnant who will be saved;
  28 for He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness,
because the LORD will make a short work upon the earth.”

  29  As Isaiah has said before, 
“Unless the Lord of Armies had left us a seed,
we would have become like Sodom,
and would have been made like Gomorrah.”

  30  What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, who didn’t follow after righteousness, attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith;  31 but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, didn’t arrive at the law of righteousness. 32 Why? Because they didn’t seek it by faith, but as it were by works of the law. They stumbled over the stumbling stone;  33 even as it is written, 
“Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and a rock of offense;
and no one who believes in him will be disappointed.”

God has cared for (carried, as listed above) his people and later his people as defined by the word remnant. As a gentile converted to Christianity, I am proud of my heritage because it is only by the sacrifice of Jesus (the stone of stumbling and a rock of offense above) that I have hope. God has cared for me, from my earliest memories to the day I noticed my first grey hair and beyond. And there is absolutely no reason that this should not continue!!!

Today, rejoice and give God thanks for what HE has done (and will do) for you- I will!!!