8/22/16

From imagination to reality; looking heavenward by Gary Rose


No, this is NOT a bomb! It is just a natural cloud formation that was posted on a local Florida news program. With all the bad things happening in the world, I can understand how someone could imagine this being an explosion.

Clouds are wonderful; my earliest memories are of clouds- in the shape of horses, dragons and of course- Mickey Mouse!!! To this day, I enjoy seeing all sorts of shapes in the heavens and once-in-awhile, letting my imagination run wild on purpose. You know- just for fun!!!

Now, I wonder, what IF your wildest imaginings came true?

Consider this passage from the book of Mark....

Mark, Chapter 14 (WEB)

 55 Now the chief priests and the whole council sought witnesses against Jesus to put him to death, and found none.  56 For many gave false testimony against him, and their testimony didn’t agree with each other. 57 Some stood up, and gave false testimony against him, saying,  58 “We heard him say, ‘I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and in three days I will build another made without hands.’”  59 Even so, their testimony did not agree. 

  60  The high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, “Have you no answer? What is it which these testify against you?”  61 But he stayed quiet, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” 

  62  Jesus said, “I am. You will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of the sky.” 
(emp. added GDR)

If I am alive when this happens, I am quite sure that at first I won't believe it and will rub my eyes just to make sure I don't have something in them and maybe even pinch myself to see if I am just daydreaming. But, Jesus said it, it will happen and someday my wildest dreams will come true. On that day imagination will be reality and hope will be fulfilled. I wonder- can you say the same??