10/20/16

And then there was 44... by Gary Rose


Like many American's, I watched the debated between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump last night. Although I am sick and tired of hearing the same things over and over again, there were topics raised in the discussion (argumentation?) that had not been as clearly emphasized before. Among them, the topic of abortion, and especially very late term abortion, struck me as the most revealing.

Mr. Trump was against late term abortion and Mrs. Clintion was in favor.

I saw this photo on facebook and thought: If an unborn baby was the first person to recognize Jesus, then doesn't that PROVE that abortion is MURDER? So, being curious (as always) I went to the passage to place it in context (in order to understand it correctly).


Luke, Chapter 1 (World English Bible)
The angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore also the holy one who is born from you will be called the Son of God. 36 Behold, Elizabeth, your relative, also has conceived a son in her old age; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren. (emp. added, GDR) 37 For nothing spoken by God is impossible.”
  38 
Mary said, “Behold, the servant of the Lord; let it be done to me according to your word.” 
The angel departed from her.  39 Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judah,  40 and entered into the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. (emp. added, GDR) 42 She called out with a loud voice, and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!  43 Why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?  44 For behold, when the voice of your greeting came into my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy! (emp. added, GDR) 45 Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of the things which have been spoken to her from the Lord!”


God sent Mary to Elizabeth. Both were pregnant. Elizabeth's child leaped in her womb at Mary's greeting. Why? Go to verse 44. The baby was filled with JOY!!!  A thing does not feel joy, something that is alive feels joy. If one lets the natural course of things be undisturbed, then that child will be born, grow up, grow old and someday go to its maker. To believe differently is nonsense and reveals a heart that wants to stop (abort) the will of God's order of things.To deliberately, to willfully oppose God is called SIN!!!!

For those out there who would want to say: Well, that's just your translation- here are seven others... 

Luke 1:44  (American Standard Version 1901)
 44 For behold, when the voice of thy salutation came into mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Luke 1:44 (Darby's Translation)
44 For behold, as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the babe leaped with joy in my womb.

Luke 1:44 (English Standard Version)
 44 For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.

Luke 1:44 (GodsWord Translation)
 44 As soon as I heard your greeting, I felt the baby jump for joy.

 Luke 1:44 (King James Version 1769)
 44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Luke 1:44 (Webster's Translation)
 44 For lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Luke 1:44 (Young's Literal Translation)
 44 for, lo, when the voice of thy salutation came to my ears, leap in gladness did the babe in my womb; 
 
Feel free to make up your own mind, but use the Scriptures as your guide; they reveal his divine will!!!

As for me, I will choose to listen to God- I wonder, will you??????