10/5/16

The difference that makes a difference by Gary Rose



I seem to remember that brother Ed Healy posted the picture of a cat on Facebook this week. I liked it so much that I shared it and to my surprise, quite a few people "liked" it as well. This "puddy cat" with tiger markings made me think of a tiger so much that I downloaded this picture of a real tiger as well.

If you compare them, I think you will be able to see the differences. 

Humm, what about those who claim to be followers of Jesus???

And the Scripture says...

Matthew, Chapter 7 (WEB)
 21  Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  22  Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’   23  Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’ (emp. added GDR)

  24  “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.  25  The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock.   26  Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand.   27 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

 AND

Matthew, Chapter 17 (WEB)
 1 After six days, Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John his brother, and brought them up into a high mountain by themselves.  2 He was changed before them. His face shone like the sun, and his garments became as white as the light.  3 Behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them talking with him. 

  4 Peter answered, and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you want, let’s make three tents here: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 

  5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them. Behold, a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to him.” (emp. added, GDR)

The point here is this: true followers differ from "look-a-likes" in that they really listen and actually do what Jesus wants them to do. And ultimately, it will be the difference between being with Jesus or not!

Question for the day: Into which category do I fall???