1/26/17

Love and respect by Gary Rose


http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gen-james-mattis/story?id=43694921

When I saw this picture, I just knew that someday I would use it for the blog. Why? Because it says a great deal on many levels. It is: funny, truthful, imaginative, inspiring and motivational- all at the same time. We need people in our government who have the enthusiasm of this man.

Solomon said...


Ecclesiastes, Chapter 9 (World English Bible)
10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor plan, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, where you are going.
Those of us who are Christians could learn a lot about dedication from retired Marine Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis!!!

Jesus said...

John, Chapter 14 (World English Bible)
 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, what has happened that you are about to reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?” 

  23 Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.   24  He who doesn’t love me doesn’t keep my words. The word which you hear isn’t mine, but the Father’s who sent me.

And...

Matthew, Chapter 28  (World English Bible)
 18 Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.  19  Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,   20  teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.


I don't know about you, but going against Jesus is far more dangerous than just going against a mere human being- even if that person has a live bear rug!!!