3/15/17

Forget voices from nowhere; open your Bible and read! by Gary Rose

Charlie Brown: GET OVER YOURSELF!!!  We all make mistakes, we all question ourselves sometimes. Move on, grow up- again, get over yourself!!!

Now, its easy to criticize a "sad sack" cartoon character who is way too hard on himself, but its even easier to be too hard on yourself. Face it, over-analyzing everything you do is a sure-fire path to mental instability.

Make decisions and deal with the consequences. Paul did and we can too...


Philippians, Chapter 3 (World English Bible)
 7 However, I consider those things that were gain to me as a loss for Christ.  8 Yes most certainly, and I count all things to be a loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord, for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and count them nothing but refuse, that I may gain Christ  9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith,  10 that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed to his death,  11 if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.  12 Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect; but I press on, that I may take hold of that for which also I was taken hold of by Christ Jesus. 

  13 Brothers, I don’t regard myself as yet having taken hold, but one thing I do: forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before,  14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.                     (emp. added, vss. 13-14)


Before becoming a Christian, Paul was a "somebody". Then, he was confronted by the risen Christ and his life changed forever. Yet, he still had the memory of his persecution of the church. His solution: forget the past, look to the future and do what you must because of Jesus.

True story, good lesson for us all and hope for the future.