3/14/17

Just one thing? by Gary Rose

This world has so much wrong with it that selecting just one thing seems like an impossible task. Yet, for the sake of answering the question, I will try. It seems to me that in order to rid the world of just one thing, I would have to think in reverse for a moment: What one thing would I really, really want in the world? To abolish war, or hunger, or any one of a multitude of worthwhile goals. Tough, isn't it? Humm...

For me, I would want to rid anything that would get in the way of my devotion to God.

Paul puts it this way...


2 Corinthians, Chapter 10 (World English Bible)
 1 Now I Paul, myself, entreat you by the humility and gentleness of Christ, I who in your presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you.  2 Yes, I beg you that I may not, when present, show courage with the confidence with which I intend to be bold against some, who consider us to be walking according to the flesh.  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we don’t wage war according to the flesh;  4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the throwing down of strongholds,  5 throwing down imaginations and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, (emp. added vs. 5, GDR)

This world has so much wrong with it, that I really need to just look inward and when I do, I realize that the closer I know God and serve him, the better the world will be. I can't really change the world or eradicate evil, but I can choose to be a Christian- and the best one I can be. 

That's the best I can do- How would you answer this question???????