5/4/17

As time goes by... by Gary Rose


There was a time when I was young. A time I played with toys, read comic books and played baseball. Girls were tom-boys then and I collected baseball cards. Then I grew up.

These days, I am retired and dealing with health issues as the vast majority of my peers are. Time does indeed have a way of showing us what matters. Like everyone else who gets old, some day I will have to deal with end-of-life issues.

Issac did...


Genesis, Chapter 27 (World English Bible)
 1 When Isaac was old, and his eyes were dim, so that he could not see, he called Esau his elder son, and said to him, “My son?” 

He said to him, “Here I am.” 
  2 He said,See now, I am old. I don’t know the day of my death.  3 Now therefore,(emp. added vs2-3a) please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and get me venison.  4 Make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat, and that my soul may bless you before I die.”


Paul did too...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 13 (World English Bible)
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things.  12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, even as I was also fully known.  13 But now faith, hope, and love remain—these three. The greatest of these is love.


Of the two, I like Paul's emphasis far more!  As I age, I reflect upon life more, I think of things that really matter more, I turn to God more. Eventually, I will die, but I know that as I have turned to God in this life, God will in turn judge me with mercy. After all, what is human beings lifespan; 115 or so at the very best. What really matters is where I will spend eternity!!! I pray that I will be faithful unto my last day on earth and then enter my new heavenly home.

My fondest wish is that all who I have ever known will be there as well!!!