5/8/17

Contentment by Gary Rose

A place of safety, rest and security; a pleasant place where one can find contentment. And its not just for cats...


Psalm 23 (WEB)
  1 Yahweh is my shepherd: 
I shall lack nothing. 

  2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. 
He leads me beside still waters. (emp. added vss. 1&2)


  3 He restores my soul. 
He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 

  4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, for you are with me. 
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 

  5 You prepare a table before me 
in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil. My cup runs over. 

  6 Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in Yahweh’s house forever. (emp. added vs. 6)

These things and more await those who follow the God of all the universe! Over my lifetime, I have thought about heaven countless times, but until now I never realized that there will probably be soft, green grass to sit on.

Just saying....