4/6/18

A time for... by Gary Rose


I have been thinking a lot about burgers today. Well, not just TODAY. Yesterday, as I was perusing Facebook, I saw a ranking of the best burgers out there and frankly I was a bit surprised at all the restaurants I had never heard of. In the top 10 there was burger-king, and a the best one of all was a burger chain completely foreign to me. Five-Guys garnered the second highest rating and I can't seem to get it out of my mind. Burgers- YUMM!!!

Then, I saw this little baby; a burger like nothing I have never seen before. It looks like an English muffin on the bottom, followed by some French Fries, Ketchup, a good size burger, Mozzarella, and then a English muffin pizza on top. WOW!

I thought- you know, TODAY would be a great day for one of those extra-spicy five-guys burgers. TODAY!

With all this, I thought about the following from the book of Ecclesiastes...


Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3 (WEB)  
 1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven: 
  2 a time to be born, 
and a time to die; 
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 

  3 a time to kill, 
and a time to heal; 
a time to break down, and a time to build up; 

  4 a time to weep, 
and a time to laugh; 
a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 

  5 a time to cast away stones, 
and a time to gather stones together; 
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 

  6 a time to seek, (emphasis added)
and a time to lose; 
a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 

  7 a time to tear, 
and a time to sew; 
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 

  8 a time to love, 
and a time to hate; 
a time for war, and a time for peace.  


I wish it had said: A time for a burger. Well, "a time to seek" will just have to do. Now, I just have to decide where to get that burger. No, decision has already been made-- Five Guys!!! When? Dinner TIME of course!!!