11/19/18

Things I don't understand by Gary Rose



There was a label on this picture that described this dog as having a human mental disorder called Schizophrenia. I removed it because I am not sure exactly what a person with this disorder looks like. Frankly, I don’t even think its possible for dogs to have human mental problems, but, who knows?


The world is full of things like this; things I just don’t understand. But I am not alone. The Bible says...


Proverbs 30 (World    English    Bible)
 18 “There are three things which are too amazing for me,
four which I don’t understand:
  19 The way of an eagle in the air;
the way of a serpent on a rock;
the way of a ship in the midst of the sea;
and the way of a man with a maiden.


The author of this proverb (Agur the son of Jakeh) links the word amazing with his lack of understanding and I don’t know if I would characterize the dog in the picture this way, but maybe. If people can make crazy looking faces (which I must admit I do from time to time) why not fido?

Are there things you just can’t understand? This proverb will probably just add more to your long list! But, don’t worry, God will explain everything once we arrive in heaven. 


PS. You know, the more I look at this picture, I think he must have been the model for the cartoon character, Goofy!  Just saying...