12/10/18

Old ways, new ways; its the message that is really important!!! by Gary Rose



Recently, I started to watching the original Magnum P.I. (circa 1984). Yesterday, I watched an episode that included a writer who was temporarily lodging at the Master’s estate; specifically in Magnum’s quarters. As Magnum was having a mild case of a temper tantrum over this, a “new” typewriter was delivered. For a moment, I was a bit surprised. Then, I remembered that this episode was filmed just before the personal computer became popular.

As I continued to reflect about how much things have changed over the years, I remembered that people have used all sorts of ways to write things down; papyrus, scrolls with quill pens, clay tablets, to name just a few.

Then I thought of Job and his debates with his “friends”. How Job suffered and suffered, having to deal with both physical and the emotional stress of debates over his “condition”.

I have always been amazed how Job handled his situation and ultimately turned his situation over to God completely. The following statement ties in with recording information, but in a different form than we are accustomed to…


Job 19 World English Bible
 23 “Oh that my words were now written!
Oh that they were inscribed in a book!
  24 That with an iron pen and lead
they were engraved in the rock forever!
  25 But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives.
In the end, he will stand upon the earth.
  26 After my skin is destroyed,
then in my flesh shall I see God,


I find it hard to imagine using and iron pen and lead, but then again, the book of Job was written a very long time ago.

More important than the medium is the message he wanted recorded in a book; a message of hope in God, a message of life after life! The desire for the continuance of life beyond death has endured throughout the ages and will continue, for after all- who really wants death to be the end of all things.

Centuries after The Book of Job was written, Jesus was born, lived a scant 33 years and then was crucified. Jesus’ words have been immortalized the world over, in every known language and in countless mediums. Why? Because those words are both important and profound! Beyond that, his words are backed up by a holy life, a sacrificial death and a resurrected eternal body.

Write THAT ANY WAY YOU WANT-
IT WILL NEVER, EVER, GROW OLD OR BECOME OBSOLETE!!!