2/22/19

Of bubbles, bliss, and Christian love by Gary Rose



One of my earliest memories was seeing bubble lights like these on our Christmas tree. What I recall most about them was the bubbles. I wish that all the bulbs in the picture were producing more bubbles than this, but that’s the way things go- nothing is perfect. Anyway, I was about 3 or 4 years old, so I don’t remember much, but I do distinctly remember that all the lights were turned off in the living room and I looked and looked as they just continued to bubble. I was was mesmerized by them. And I remembered those lights for days and days and with each memory came a small moment of joy; a bliss that I have no words for.

Wednesday night I returned to Bible Study (after missing several services due to illness) and was warmly greeted by the brethren. In particular, one brother not only listened about my difficulties, but somehow, just by the way he looked at me showed true Christian love. Bliss all over again. Then I thought of the following passage….


Philippians 1 ( World English Bible )
 1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Jesus Christ; 
To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and servants:  2 Grace to you, and peace from God, our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.  3 I thank my God whenever I remember you,  4 always in every request of mine on behalf of you all making my requests with joy, 5 for your partnership in furtherance of the Good News from the first day until now;  6 being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.  7 It is even right for me to think this way on behalf of all of you, because I have you in my heart, because, both in my bonds and in the defense and confirmation of the Good News, you all are partakers with me of grace.  8 For God is my witness, how I long after all of you in the tender mercies of Christ Jesus. 


Christians love one another, I accept this as a fact, because genuine followers of Jesus have shown it to me over and over again. Why? Because Jesus has taught them what God-like love is all about. The next time you meet with other Christians, just take a few moments and think about this post. I hope that somehow you just might think about bubbles and bliss. I know I will!