3/13/19

God's provision by Gary Rose


As I looked at this picture, I thought: Wow, now that’s a meal; God has blessed this little squirrel! And I thought… God has blessed me as well! And not just with food, but shelter and all the other things I really need. Not just once, but thousands upon thousands of times. Naturally, I thought of this Psalm of David…


Psalm 23 ( World English Bible )
Psa 23:1, A Psalm by David. Yahweh is my shepherd: I shall lack nothing.
Psa 23:2, He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
Psa 23:3, He restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Psa 23:4, Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psa 23:5, You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup runs over. (emphasis added)
Psa 23:6, Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in Yahweh’s house forever.


Now, my wife and I have had to work hard for what we have, but there have been countless times that we have received unexpected blessing from sources that we would have never even dreamed of. The most obvious blessing I can think of is retirement, because I was completely broke and deep in debt at 40, yet God provided what I needed to retire.


Now, this picture is more than about just a gigantic meal, its about God’s blessings and our response to them. Today, I will make an extra effort to thank God for what HE has done for me. I hope you will do the same!