6/19/19

The question by Gary Rose



What follows is both true and untrue at the same time.
How can this be?

Today, I woke up late and took my dog Pal to the dog exercise area. Just normal stuff, but Pal was acting strange at the electrical storage box there, digging at its edges and shaking his head while doing so. Strange behavior for him, strange indeed. When we finally arrived at home, I was exhausted by the heat and couldn’t wait to get into the air conditioning. I gave Pal his normal treat and went into the kitchen to make my first cup of coffee. I heard a noise and turned around to see Pal shaking his head and something came out of his mouth – BRIGHT YELLOW! It sparkled in the morning sunlight – a DIAMOND? It was large, and my guess was that it had to be at least a couple of carats and YELLOW. Wow, my first thought was WOW, because yellow is the rarest of colors for that gem. Then, I thought- what should I do with it??? After all, it wasn’t mime, someone had obviously lost it.

Then I woke up and quickly jotted down all that I had dreamed. Then a question came to mind: What would I have I done if the dream had been reality? I thought of the ten commandments, what Jesus would have done and lastly, this verse from the book of Hebrews…

Hebrews 12:1 (WEB)
Therefore let us also, seeing we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Having remembered the Scriptures, I would have given Phyllis G. a phone call and asked her to place a notice in the next association newsletter, asking if anyone had lost something at the dog-walk.

All this is true, but not- for the dream never happened. But, in real life we are faced with questions all the time that involve right and wrong. Hopefully, we will decide what to do, based on The Bible and its teachings and not our own whims or greed!