7/15/19

The way to... by Gary Rose



This is a simple picture; a road and the planet Mars. There has been a lot of talk lately about increasing our efforts to explore space, with our Moon and Mars as the first goals.

I think it is a great to try new things, develop new technologies and go where human beings have never gone before (and before you ask,YES I like Star Trek). However, don’t you think it would be appropriate to take some time and effort in solving our problems on planet EARTH before we go to the Moon or Mars or some of the other planets.

We have sickness, overpopulation, social unrest, wars and first and foremost, a society that has become obsessed with sinful behavior. In short, perhaps we should make things at home better before we go someplace else.

All this reminds of Jesus with his disciples, as he was about to go away from them…


John 14 ( World English Bible )

  1  “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me. 
  
2  In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you. 
  
3  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also. 
  
4  Where I go, you know, and you know the way.” 

  
5  Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 

  6  Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.
 
  
7  If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on, you know him, and have seen him.” 


There is someplace better to go to and its not in this solar system; that place is HEAVEN. Jesus was about to return to God (in heaven) and he wanted to reassure the disciples that there would be a place for them there. Thomas didn’t understand, so Jesus made it plain by referring to himself as the way, the truth and the life. I find it interesting that the word for “way” is that of a road and in fact the early church was referred to as the “way” (οδου in Greek, Acts 9:2).

Want to go to heaven? Look to Jesus; obey his Gospel, remain faithful and you will get there. I can safely say that it will be a better place than the Moon or Mars. Besides, who wouldn’t want to live in a house prepared just for them by someone who really loves them? To me, that is the real definition of “out of this world”.