10/30/19

The right direction by Gary Rose




There are many things I would like to do in this world and cannot. The list is long and varied; ranging from having artistic and musical abilities to being 27 again. Alas, these things will never be, but I just need to learn to be happy with God has given me and as Larry Shatzer would say: “Do the best you can, where you are, with what you have”. Now, it took me awhile to come to this point in my life (because I’m a bit stubborn). But, what would life be like if I just kept trying to do something that God didn’t want me to do? What would it take to get me on the right path? Time seems to be the most obvious answer; could there be another? Humm, reminds me of something from the book of Acts…


Acts 16 ( World English Bible )
[6] When they had gone through the region of Phrygia and Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia. [7] When they had come opposite Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit didn’t allow them. [8] Passing by Mysia, they came down to Troas. [9] A vision appeared to Paul in the night. There was a man of Macedonia standing, begging him, and saying, “Come over into Macedonia and help us.” [10] When he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go out to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the Good News to them.


Now, I don’t expect that God would send me a vision like he did the Apostle Paul, but God does teach us about how to live our lives and sometimes as we read God’s Holy Word, a verse just seems to stand out and say something special to you.

Many years ago, when I first thought of becoming a Christian, I thought to myself: You know, Gary, you really can’t do that because after all – you know how bad the Rose family is and are you any better”? Then, a verse from the book of Matthew that I had read the previous day came back to me…

Matthew 19 ( WEB )
[26] Looking at them, Jesus said, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Is there something preventing you from following God as you should? Perhaps you may find something in the Bible that will point you in the right direction? Begin reading and find out!

PS. One more thing. Don’t ever walk through a meadow with morning dew on it, wipe off you shoes and grab an electric fence- it won’t turn out well; I know.