11/4/19

Anagrams, their meanings and "my words" by Gary Rose




Anagrams are a curious aspect of language. If the letters of a word or a combination of words are rearranged, they can be reassembled into a new combination restating the same concept (or perhaps even a commentary on that original meaning). This is interesting and sometimes humorous (see “George Bush” and “Mother in law”, above).
So, this graphic says a lot about the person who made it. In short, his words (and the rearrangement of the them) say a lot about him. I wonder, what does Jesus say about his own words?


My Words” are Scripture

John 5 ( World English Bible )
[45] “Don’t think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you, even Moses, on whom you have set your hope. [46] For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote about me. [47] But if you don’t believe his writings, how will you believe my words?
John 14 (WEB)
[45] “Don’t think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you, even Moses, on whom you have set your hope. [46] For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote about me. [47] But if you don’t believe his writings, how will you believe my words?

Jesus was a Jew speaking to other Jews. They accepted Moses as having been sent from God and Moses’ writings as being the very words of God. Jesus’ words are in the same category, but even more so because Jesus was God in-the-flesh. Therefore, Jesus’ words are Scripture. See John chapter 8 and especially verses 57 to 59.


My Words” WILL ENDURE

Matthew 24 (WEB)
[35] Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.


In Matthew chapter 24 Jesus discussed the destruction of the Temple and his eventual return to judge the world. In contrast with the Temple, Jesus’ words will not pass away and will in fact one day judge those who he has spoken to. The Temple was the center of Jewish life, but it was temporary; Jesus (and his words) are eternal – which would you choose?


My Words” have power

John 15 (WEB)
[5] I am the vine. You are the branches. He who remains in me, and I in him, the same bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. [6] If a man doesn’t remain in me, he is thrown out as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned. [7] If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, you will ask whatever you desire, and it will be done for you.


Question: Do you really listen to Jesus or not? Are you applying his word to your daily life? If the answer to both of these question is a resounding “YES”, then the power of his words will affect everything in your life. Your thoughts, your actions, your desires will be a reflection of God’s desires for you. This does not mean that EVERYTHING you pray for will be granted the way YOU want, but will, according to HIS DESIRE for your service to HIM. Do yourself a favor and think about this; it will really change your life and your self-image to one of a servant of God.


My Words” will determine your final judgment

Mark 8 (WEB)
[34] He called the multitude to himself with his disciples, and said to them, “Whoever wants to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. [35] For whoever wants to save his life will lose it; and whoever will lose his life for my sake and the sake of the Good News will save it. [36] For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life? [37] For what will a man give in exchange for his life? [38] For whoever will be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man also will be ashamed of him, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.


If you love God, you will follow HIM and never be ashamed of HIM. If you don’t really love him, when openly confronted by those who reject God, you will go along with the crowd and reveal your true judgment of God- disbelief. Eventually, those who love God will be rewarded for that love and those who don’t love God will receive their condemnation. I pray that you always follow Jesus until your last moment on Earth!