11/18/19

From sunrise to SONRISE by Gary Rose




Just another sunrise at Yellowstone National Park. A new day is dawning with all its endless possibilities. Who knows what can happen, for life is full of surprises. This picture could also represent something else – an idea. Did to ever try to understand something but couldn’t reach that illusive goal of comprehension. You try and try and try, but… nothing. So, you forget about it and later it comes to you. Perhaps only a little at first and then – Wham; like that sunrise, you instantly you get it. As I teen I always wondered what life was all about, but just couldn’t put my finger on what was out of sync. Then, in my mid-twenties, I finally realized what was wrong – I had left God out of my life. Eventually, I became a Christian and I knew what to do with my life; follow Jesus. I had been blinded, but then I saw all things in their true perspective; God’s light. Paul wrote to the Corinthian Christians the following words…


2 Corinthians 4 ( World English Bible )
[1] Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we don’t faint. [2] But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. [3] Even if our Good News is veiled, it is veiled in those who perish; [4] in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the Good News of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn on them. [5] For we don’t preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake; [6] seeing it is God who said, “Light will shine out of darkness,” who has shone in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.


When you get it, you really get it, for knowing the truth about Jesus and his Gospel message of salvation changes everything. Open your eyes and see, really see, what God wants your life to be like. I promise, it will be more beautiful than any sunrise you can imagine. You might even call it a SONRISE from on high!