12/18/19

Get the picture by Gary Rose




It has been 42 years since I obeyed the Gospel, but I still remember that day in late July when I became a Christian. Up until that time I thought I was one; after all, all you have to do is believe, right? That sort of thinking is terribly wrong. What about repentance, confession and baptism? It is all a package; take it or leave it. A true servant doesn’t just do part of his master’s will, he does it ALL. The two Bible passages in the picture tell the story, and here they are (slightly expanded for emphasis).


1 Corinthians 15 ( World English Bible )
[1] Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand, [2] by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
[3] For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, [4] that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Romans 6 ( WEB )
[3] Or don’t you know that all we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? [4] We were buried therefore with him through baptism to death, that just like Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life. [5] For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will also be part of his resurrection; [6] knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be in bondage to sin. [7] For he who has died has been freed from sin.


God wants willing servants; those who won’t question his instructions. I want to be one of them and have no intention of doing anything apart from what the Bible instructs me to do in this life. Sin is terrible and its ultimate result is eternal death. The way to rid oneself of this scourge is to follow Jesus. He died, was buried and rose again. We should do the same. For those who have not obeyed this simple pattern, I urge you to do so at your earliest opportunity. To do otherwise means that you still have a sin problem. Get rid of it today! I was drawn to this picture because it truly does say a thousand words and all of them say one thing: CHRIST!