1/17/20

Hope and prayer by Gary Rose



This morning (before breakfast) my wife had the TV on and as I entered the living room, I saw an image of our president, Donald Trump, making an announcement. It was about steps that he was initiating to bring back religious liberty to our nation.

I couldn’t be happier! For years I have seen an effort by our government to “reign in” the rights of Christians; especially concerning prayer. Donald Trump has faults, many of them, but he has done great things for our country since elected, in spite of being harassed continually by the Democratic party. Even now, while being tried for supposed “crimes” he is doing his job. Recently, I heard someone say that he is the greatest president since Abraham Lincoln – I believe it! But, he is in need of our prayers, for the forces of evil facing him are very strong; by this, I mean the godless Democratic party. It is our duty as Christians to pray for our leaders, but at this time our president is especially in need of those prayers.  Paul says to his young protege, Timothy…


1 Timothy 2 ( English Majority Text Version )
  [1] Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made on behalf of all people,
  [2] on behalf of kings and all those who are in authority, that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
  [3] For this is good and acceptable before God our Savior,
  [4] who desires all people to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth.


Again, please pray for him. Thank you in advance!
Your friend,
Gary