2/17/20

Half truths are whole lies by Gary Rose



Recently I found this picture on the INTERNET. The statement is true; but Abraham Lincoln did not say this. When Abraham Lincoln was alive there was no INTERNET. Lincoln was born on February 12, 1802, our 16th president from 1961-1865 and assassinated in April 1865. The INTERNET as we know it today came into being about 1990. Unfortunately, schools no longer teach history, so many younger people would not know these things and accept the picture as true.

This picture is symptomatic of much of the media today. It is obvious we are being lied to, deceived and only being told half-truths (whole lies). People who own most of the media are left wing Democrats and direct those employed by them to “spin” the truth to foster the advancement of their leftist agenda. And the Republicans are not much better. Only Fox news sometimes allow both sides of the story and sometimes I even wonder about them. In an age where viewpoint makes “truth”, is there anything that we can trust? Yes, there is; our Bible and specifically Jesus, for he is the only one capable of saving from sin. Jesus says…


John 8 ( World English Bible )
   [54]  Jesus answered, If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is our God.   [55]  You have not known him, but I know him. If I said, ‘I don’t know him,’ I would be like you, a liar. But I know him, and keep his word.   [56]  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day. He saw it, and was glad.” 

  [57]  The Jews therefore said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 

  [58]  Jesus said to them, Most certainly, I tell you, before Abraham came into existence, I AM. ” 

  [59]  Therefore they took up stones to throw at him, but Jesus was hidden, and went out of the temple, having gone through their midst, and so passed by. 


During this “discussion” between the Pharisees and Jesus, it is obvious that Jesus is saying that God is his father and that Jesus is the “I AM”; in other words- GOD (see Exodus 3:13-14). And then the Jews tried to stone Jesus. Why? Because they did not really believe in God, they believed only in the Torah. Jesus’ miracles, his truth, his testimony, his future sacrifice meant nothing to them. They would not listen and would not believe any proof because of their preconceived ideas.

Sound familiar? Don’t be like the Jews, seek truth based on evidence and believe it. I don’t care what friends, relatives, or “authorities” may tell you, learn from the Bible, obey Jesus and follow only HIM! But, if you don’t want to do this- then you can always believe that picture that quotes Lincoln, regardless of the facts.