7/10/20

Abundance by Gary Rose


Half empty, Half full, so what? You have water, rejoice in that! There is more to life than being a Pessimist or an Optimist, there is living your life and living it to the full! Living life to the full is what this picture is all about and you can’t accomplish that ALL BY YOURSELF!

The Psalmist says…

Psalm 23 ( World English Bible )

1 Yahweh is my shepherd:

I shall lack nothing.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.

3 He restores my soul.

He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me.

Your rod and your staff,

they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil.

My cup runs over.

6 Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in Yahweh’s house forever.


Jesus says...

John 10 ( WEB )

1 "“Most certainly, I tell you, one who doesn’t enter by the door into the sheep fold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. "

2 "But one who enters in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. "

3 "The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out. "

4 "Whenever he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. "

5 "They will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him; for they don’t know the voice of strangers.”"

6 Jesus spoke this parable to them, but they didn’t understand what he was telling them.

7 Jesus therefore said to them again, "“Most certainly, I tell you, I am the sheep’s door. "

8 "All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. "

9 "I am the door. If anyone enters in by me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out, and will find pasture. "

10 "The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. "

11 "I am the good shepherd." "The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. "

12 "He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who doesn’t own the sheep, sees the wolf coming, leaves the sheep, and flees. The wolf snatches the sheep, and scatters them. "

13 "The hired hand flees because he is a hired hand, and doesn’t care for the sheep. "

14 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own, and I’m known by my own;"

15 "even as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. I lay down my life for the sheep. " Note: see also Isaiah 40:11; Ezekiel 34:11-12,15,22



If you follow Jesus, you have enough. More than enough, you have an abundant life; a life lived with your creator. You know HIM and HE knows You. You are the sheep and HE is the SHEPHERD. He gives you what you really need, for life is not about what you have or don’t have and how much. Life is about God being with you and caring for you and loving you. To be a Christian is to have that life. Are you a Christian? If not, why not? Do something about it and become a sheep in God’s fold; now and forever! And you will be blessed so much so that you will be able to say with the Psalmist: ...“My cup runs over”.