6/9/21

Beyond the realm of possibility? by Gary Rose

 


This statement of Henry Ford is true – up to a point; for it is limited to the ability of a human being. Shall a newborn baby perform calculus or can a 120 year old man father a child; I don’t think so. Yes, there are limitations to what we can do.


As I wrote this, I asked myself: But, what if God has chosen a certain person to do something that would normally seem impossible? Then, I remembered these passages from the book of Isaiah…


Isaiah 40 ( WEB )

28 Haven’t you known? Haven’t you heard? The everlasting God, Yahweh, The Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn’t faint. He isn’t weary. His understanding is unsearchable.

29 He gives power to the weak. He increases the strength of him who has no might.

30 Even the youths faint and get weary, and the young men utterly fall;

31 But those who wait for Yahweh will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run, and not be weary. They will walk, and not faint.


Isaiah 41 ( WEB )

10 Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.


Isaiah 45 ( WEB )

21 Declare and present it. Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has shown this from ancient time? Who has declared it of old? Haven’t I, Yahweh? There is no other God besides me, a just God and a Savior; There is no one besides me.

22 “Look to me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word has gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and will not return, that to me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath.

24 They will say of me, ‘There is righteousness and strength only in Yahweh.’” Even to him shall men come; and all those who were incensed against him shall be disappointed.


And one of the most famous verses in the Bible…


Philippians 4 ( World English Bible )

13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.


With God anything is possible ( Matthew 19:26 ). Human beings in and of themselves are relatively fragile creatures, but WITH GOD- just think of the possibilities!