3/28/22

Truth: Of human and divine origin

 

Interesting, very interesting. All the above statements are true, but this is not a comprehensive list. Well, right about now, you might ask:”what is missing? Spiritual truth is my answer. Truth as found only in the Bible. Obviously, statements like the above are found in the book of Proverbs and similar instructions in the book of Ecclesiastes, but I like to think of Jesus when I consider such things.


Then, there is the following passage, with the last verse being the cornerstone…


John 17 ( World English Bible )

13 But now I come to you, and I say these things in the world, that they may have my joy made full in themselves.

14 I have given them your word. The world hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that you would take them from the world, but that you would keep them from the evil one.

16 They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them in your truth. Your word is truth.


The Bible teaches you what God wants you to know and the purity of its message will change you. I am not saying that you will be a perfect person, but the more you learn about God’s desire for your life, the better you will be. After all, isn’t that the crux of living; taking what you have and using it the best way possible. The perfect application of this concept is made perfect by the designer of everything- GOD. So, listen to what HE has to say and not just some human musings. Remember, Jesus also said:


Matthew 7 ( WEB )

21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’

23 Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’

24 “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.

25 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand.

27 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”


Your friend,

Gary