5/6/19

The snowball effect by Gary Rose



I don’t remember how old I was when I first heard the term “White lie”, but I must have been very young. For those of you who have never heard this term before, I would define it as a very, small modification of the truth, with the intent of not hurting someone by telling them the unvarnished truth. My Wordnet dictionary has a slightly different description:
“1. white lie -- (an unimportant lie (especially one told to be tactful or polite))”

Frankly, I like my definition better because there is no such thing as an unimportant lie, for even the smallest lie has a tendency to snowball into something enormous. And then I thought of something the Apostle James said…


James 1 ( World English Bible )
Jam 1:13, Let no man say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God,” for God can’t be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one.
Jam 1:14, But each one is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed.
Jam 1:15, Then the lust, when it has conceived, bears sin; and the sin, when it is full grown, brings forth death.


If you know something is even a little bit wrong; do not do it. Because, if you do it once, you will find it easier to do it again and each time you are presented with a choice to sin or not sin, it will become so easy that it will become a habit and eventually destroy you.

If you look closely at the picture, that last “domino” (the big one on the left) is the one that will finally get you, but it could have been avoided if only you had not done the little thing in the first place.

Remember this Gary...