11/21/22

A mindset by Gary Rose

 

I know a couple of things about this dog. First his name is Troja and secondly, what I can see in the above picture. I have had this picture for a few years now, but still cannot decide exactly what this dog is thinking. I keep coming back to this picture because of the intensity of his stare and the longing in his eyes. Intense, absolutely intense! Now, from my limited knowledge of dogs, my best guess is that Troja’s focus is for his master whom he loves very much!


In thinking about this, I ask myself the question: What do you focus on, Gary and WHY? The following Scripture immediately came to mind…


Romans 8 ( World English Bible )

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who don’t walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and of death.

3 For what the law couldn’t do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh;

4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

6 For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace;


I remember the saying “you are what you think about all day long” and how true it is. If you set your mind on the things of this world, that’s what you will become – of this world. However, if your mind repeatedly is set on the things of God, that is the Spirit- You will ultimately transform everything in your life to conform to God’s will. You will change for the better. I have no idea exactly what you will look like, but perhaps when you think about what Jesus has done for you, a longing look of love will be on your face and in your thoughts.


Today, I wish that for you. Love God, REALLY LOVE GOD and rejoice in the future with God in heaven. Others will notice it too and wonder what YOU ARE THINKING...