3/22/09

Any speed limits?

One cool car! You don't even have to look underneath the hood to know that this baby is going to fly!! Why? Because no one is going to paint an auto like this, put racing wheels if its performance is like a pinto MPG! I would guess this little "chariot of fire" would go at least 130. When I saw this car it reminded me of Elijah going to heaven. The passage from the book of second kings tells the tale.



2Ki 2:9 It happened, when they had gone over, that Elijah said to Elisha, Ask what I shall do for you, before I am taken from you. Elisha said, please let a double portion of your spirit be on me.
2Ki 2:10 He said, "You have asked a hard thing. If you see me when I am taken from you, it shall be so for you; but if not, it shall not be so."
2Ki 2:11 It happened, as they still went on, and talked, that behold, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. WEB



I would really have liked to see that happen! Even better, imagine being Elisha! The fantastic spectacle was confirmation that he was to be literally twice the prophet of his master Elijah. Talk about encouragement! I have always wondered about Elisha, though; why ask for a double portion of the spirit? I like to think he just wanted to serve Yahweh better and not because he wanted a chariot with more "horse power" than Elijah. I wonder if there are any speed limits when entering heaven?