4/4/09

It is true

There was a time when I would have thought this cartoon was funny; but not now. Every day on the news we see the financial problems around us and for those without faith this must be a terrifying time. In the early 80's I found myself in a very difficult employment/financial situation. The unemployment in the Johnstown/Gloversville area was somewhere around 30 percent. I looked for work every day and the situation seemed hopeless. During the first week of 1981 I was looking for work during a blizzard and actually found a job. I had no experience and frankly I told the man that all I could do was to try to do it and he hired me anyway! Why? I asked him. He said that anyone crazy enough to look for work with 16 inches of snow was someone he wanted to work for HIM. I knew God cared for me, but the following passage from the book of Psalms reminded me once again.
Psa 20:1 May Yahweh answer you in the day of trouble. May the name of the God of Jacob set you up on high,
Psa 20:2 send you help from the sanctuary, grant you support from Zion,
Psa 20:3 remember all your offerings, and accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah.
Psa 20:4 May He grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill all your counsel.
Psa 20:5 We will triumph in your salvation. In the name of our God, we will set up our banners. May Yahweh grant all your requests.
Psa 20:6 Now I know that Yahweh saves his anointed. He will answer him from his holy heaven, with the saving strength of his right hand.
Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we trust the name of Yahweh our God.
Psa 20:8 They are bowed down and fallen, but we rise up, and stand upright.
Psa 20:9 Save, Yahweh! Let the King answer us when we call!
World English Bible
I don't know everyone who reads this blog, but those who have known me for a long time have heard this story before; it is true! If we trust in God and do what is right, God will make a way for us to get through any situation, even the ones that seem impossible. Also, it helps to be willing to do anything and everything God puts before you!