11/1/09

Precious



I love these pictures of balloons! The colors are fantastic and the designs simply beautiful. I have been thinking a lot about color lately because of designing the new blog. When I saw this picture I thought of the colors of the heavenly city and how they represent how precious it is!

Revelation 21:18-23 Complete Apostles' Bible
(18) And the construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
(19) The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every precious stone: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
(20) the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
(21) The twelve gates are twelve pearls: each one of the gates was made of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
(22) But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty is its temple, also the Lamb.
Rev 21:23 The city had no need of the sun nor of the moon to shine, for the very glory of God illuminated it, and its lamp is the Lamb.


Gold, pearls, precious stones and above all the light of the glory of God as its light! Wow! Talk about a feast for the eyes!!! I wonder if the transparent glass of the gold streets would look something like the mica portal we used to have in our wood stoves? Probably a lot more honey colored, I imagine. And I bet the streets will reflect as well, something like the reflection of the balloons on the water. How will I describe heaven when I see it? I am not sure, but what will be on my mind will be the precious blood of the lamb and that is worth more than all the jewels in the world!