2/8/10

Yum, Yum!


Well, today Linda and I went to the Florida State Fair. As we walked by Krispie Kreme I saw someone making this hamburger using donuts and took a few pictures. A friend of mine mentioned that he had eaten two of them and really loved them. They were followed by a tasty dessert of deep fried butter. Yum! I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but something bothered me. He asked something like: Is it wrong to do this? Which made me think of this passage from the New Testament.

Romans 14:12-14 WEB (R)
(12) So then each one of us will give account of himself to God.
(13) Therefore let's not judge one another any more, but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block in his brother's way, or an occasion for falling.
(14) I know, and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean of itself; except that to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

What food you eat is up to you and a matter of conscience. What another person might or might not eat doesn't matter. What does matter is your attitude toward what you are doing. Eat or don't eat, but feel good about it. Frankly, the burger smelled pretty good to me, but I didn't have one because I am trying to cut back on sweets.