8/2/11

Just another day full of surprises


Today, my grandson asked me what animal produced its own alcohol.  I didn't know and when he told me, I was a bit surprised.  Its amazing how much there is to learn in this world; how much there is to marvel at.  Later, I took a few minutes and thought about how wonderful it was to be a Christian; that God would choose to have anything at all to do with someone like myself is truly amazing.  Consider the following passage from the book of Ephesians.

Ephesians 3:14-21 (WEB)
14) For this cause, I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15) from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
16) that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, that you may be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inward man;
17) that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; to the end that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18) may be strengthened to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
19) and to know Christ’s love which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20) Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
21) to him be the glory in the assembly and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

God cares, directs and empowers humans.  I wonder why he chose us instead of simply making a better angel?  What is so special about us anyway?  I have known thousands upon thousands of people, most of them had obvious faults, but a few of them were truly spiritual people.  Even the top five people I have had the blessing to know and call friend still had things about them that were not flattering.  How can God care so much for those who are so flawed?  I haven't a clue, but I believe that HE does and that's all that is really necessary.  Sometimes you just need to accept things, like Hippos giving pink milk or that elephants make their own alcohol.  Isn't life wonderful!!!