8/1/12

A Gospel each day

Its strange how things you memorize come back to you; this one came to my mind as I was taking a shower this morning...


We are living a Gospel, a chapter each day
By deed that we do and word that we say

Men heed what we live, whether faithless or true...
Say, what is the Gospel, according to you???


Frankly, I don't remember who wrote this (I really wish I had) so I could give them credit.  Instead just let me say that their words inspired me enough to remember it for more than thirty years!!! This poem reminded me of a familiar passage from the Sermon On The Mount...
 
Matthew, Chapter 7
13 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it. 14 How narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it.


We all make choices as to how we live; be sure to make the right one!!!


Remember this picture, it could save your life!!!!