8/17/12

Aug. 17 Job 5-8


Aug. 17
Job 5-8
Job 5:1 "Call now; is there any who will answer you? To which of the holy ones will you turn?
Job 5:2 For resentment kills the foolish man, and jealousy kills the simple.
Job 5:3 I have seen the foolish taking root, but suddenly I cursed his habitation.
Job 5:4 His children are far from safety. They are crushed in the gate. Neither is there any to deliver them,
Job 5:5 whose harvest the hungry eats up, and take it even out of the thorns. The snare gapes for their substance.
Job 5:6 For affliction doesn't come forth from the dust, neither does trouble spring out of the ground;
Job 5:7 but man is born to trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
Job 5:8 "But as for me, I would seek God. I would commit my cause to God,
Job 5:9 who does great things that can't be fathomed, marvelous things without number;
Job 5:10 who gives rain on the earth, and sends waters on the fields;
Job 5:11 so that he sets up on high those who are low, those who mourn are exalted to safety.
Job 5:12 He frustrates the devices of the crafty, So that their hands can't perform their enterprise.
Job 5:13 He takes the wise in their own craftiness; the counsel of the cunning is carried headlong.
Job 5:14 They meet with darkness in the day time, and grope at noonday as in the night.
Job 5:15 But he saves from the sword of their mouth, even the needy from the hand of the mighty.
Job 5:16 So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth.
Job 5:17 "Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects. Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.
Job 5:18 For he wounds, and binds up. He injures, and his hands make whole.
Job 5:19 He will deliver you in six troubles; yes, in seven there shall no evil touch you.
Job 5:20 In famine he will redeem you from death; in war, from the power of the sword.
Job 5:21 You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, neither shall you be afraid of destruction when it comes.
Job 5:22 At destruction and famine you shall laugh, neither shall you be afraid of the animals of the earth.
Job 5:23 For you shall be in league with the stones of the field. The animals of the field shall be at peace with you.
Job 5:24 You shall know that your tent is in peace. You shall visit your fold, and shall miss nothing.
Job 5:25 You shall know also that your seed shall be great, Your offspring as the grass of the earth.
Job 5:26 You shall come to your grave in a full age, like a shock of grain comes in its season.
Job 5:27 Look this, we have searched it, so it is. Hear it, and know it for your good."
Job 6:1 Then Job answered,
Job 6:2 "Oh that my anguish were weighed, and all my calamity laid in the balances!
Job 6:3 For now it would be heavier than the sand of the seas, therefore have my words been rash.
Job 6:4 For the arrows of the Almighty are within me. My spirit drinks up their poison. The terrors of God set themselves in array against me.
Job 6:5 Does the wild donkey bray when he has grass? Or does the ox low over his fodder?
Job 6:6 Can that which has no flavor be eaten without salt? Or is there any taste in the white of an egg?
Job 6:7 My soul refuses to touch them. They are as loathsome food to me.
Job 6:8 "Oh that I might have my request, that God would grant the thing that I long for,
Job 6:9 even that it would please God to crush me; that he would let loose his hand, and cut me off!
Job 6:10 Be it still my consolation, yes, let me exult in pain that doesn't spare, that I have not denied the words of the Holy One.
Job 6:11 What is my strength, that I should wait? What is my end, that I should be patient?
Job 6:12 Is my strength the strength of stones? Or is my flesh of brass?
Job 6:13 Isn't it that I have no help in me, That wisdom is driven quite from me?
Job 6:14 "To him who is ready to faint, kindness should be shown from his friend; even to him who forsakes the fear of the Almighty.
Job 6:15 My brothers have dealt deceitfully as a brook, as the channel of brooks that pass away;
Job 6:16 Which are black by reason of the ice, in which the snow hides itself.
Job 6:17 In the dry season, they vanish. When it is hot, they are consumed out of their place.
Job 6:18 The caravans that travel beside them turn aside. They go up into the waste, and perish.
Job 6:19 The caravans of Tema looked. The companies of Sheba waited for them.
Job 6:20 They were distressed because they were confident. They came there, and were confounded.
Job 6:21 For now you are nothing. You see a terror, and are afraid.
Job 6:22 Did I say, 'Give to me?' or, 'Offer a present for me from your substance?'
Job 6:23 or, 'Deliver me from the adversary's hand?' or, 'Redeem me from the hand of the oppressors?'
Job 6:24 "Teach me, and I will hold my peace. Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.
Job 6:25 How forcible are words of uprightness! But your reproof, what does it reprove?
Job 6:26 Do you intend to reprove words, seeing that the speeches of one who is desperate are as wind?
Job 6:27 Yes, you would even cast lots for the fatherless, and make merchandise of your friend.
Job 6:28 Now therefore be pleased to look at me, for surely I shall not lie to your face.
Job 6:29 Please return. Let there be no injustice. Yes, return again. My cause is righteous.
Job 6:30 Is there injustice on my tongue? Can't my taste discern mischievous things?
Job 7:1 "Isn't a man forced to labor on earth? Aren't his days like the days of a hired hand?
Job 7:2 As a servant who earnestly desires the shadow, as a hireling who looks for his wages,
Job 7:3 so am I made to possess months of misery, wearisome nights are appointed to me.
Job 7:4 When I lie down, I say, 'When shall I arise, and the night be gone?' I toss and turn until the dawning of the day.
Job 7:5 My flesh is clothed with worms and clods of dust. My skin closes up, and breaks out afresh.
Job 7:6 My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without hope.
Job 7:7 Oh remember that my life is a breath. My eye shall no more see good.
Job 7:8 The eye of him who sees me shall see me no more. Your eyes shall be on me, but I shall not be.
Job 7:9 As the cloud is consumed and vanishes away, so he who goes down to Sheol shall come up no more.
Job 7:10 He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him any more.
Job 7:11 "Therefore I will not keep silent. I will speak in the anguish of my spirit. I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
Job 7:12 Am I a sea, or a sea monster, that you put a guard over me?
Job 7:13 When I say, 'My bed shall comfort me. My couch shall ease my complaint;'
Job 7:14 then you scare me with dreams, and terrify me through visions:
Job 7:15 so that my soul chooses strangling, death rather than my bones.
Job 7:16 I loathe my life. I don't want to live forever. Leave me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Job 7:17 What is man, that you should magnify him, that you should set your mind on him,
Job 7:18 that you should visit him every morning, and test him every moment?
Job 7:19 How long will you not look away from me, nor leave me alone until I swallow down my spittle?
Job 7:20 If I have sinned, what do I do to you, you watcher of men? Why have you set me as a mark for you, so that I am a burden to myself?
Job 7:21 Why do you not pardon my disobedience, and take away my iniquity? For now shall I lie down in the dust. You will seek me diligently, but I shall not be."
Job 8:1 Then Bildad the Shuhite answered,
Job 8:2 "How long will you speak these things? Shall the words of your mouth be a mighty wind?
Job 8:3 Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert righteousness?
Job 8:4 If your children have sinned against him, He has delivered them into the hand of their disobedience.
Job 8:5 If you want to seek God diligently, make your supplication to the Almighty.
Job 8:6 If you were pure and upright, surely now he would awaken for you, and make the habitation of your righteousness prosperous.
Job 8:7 Though your beginning was small, yet your latter end would greatly increase.
Job 8:8 "Please inquire of past generations. Find out about the learning of their fathers.
Job 8:9 (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days on earth are a shadow.)
Job 8:10 Shall they not teach you, tell you, and utter words out of their heart?
Job 8:11 "Can the papyrus grow up without mire? Can the rushes grow without water?
Job 8:12 While it is yet in its greenness, not cut down, it withers before any other reed.
Job 8:13 So are the paths of all who forget God. The hope of the godless man shall perish,
Job 8:14 Whose confidence shall break apart, Whose trust is a spider's web.
Job 8:15 He shall lean on his house, but it shall not stand. He shall cling to it, but it shall not endure.
Job 8:16 He is green before the sun. His shoots go forth over his garden.
Job 8:17 His roots are wrapped around the rock pile. He sees the place of stones.
Job 8:18 If he is destroyed from his place, then it shall deny him, saying, 'I have not seen you.'
Job 8:19 Behold, this is the joy of his way: out of the earth, others shall spring.
Job 8:20 "Behold, God will not cast away a blameless man, neither will he uphold the evildoers.
Job 8:21 He will still fill your mouth with laughter, your lips with shouting.
Job 8:22 Those who hate you shall be clothed with shame. The tent of the wicked shall be no more."